Saturday, November 8, 2008

Welcome to the DanJanifesto


Is this thing on? Well here it is, the much-anticipated debut of The DanJanifesto. I’ve been meaning to get to work on something like this for a long, long time. Problem is, I’m a lazy, lazy person. For years now, only my wife, my neighbors and my co-workers have been able to benefit from all of my fascinating insights into the nature of the universe, the government, earth, wind and fire, heaven and hell, and life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. And since, so far, I’ve only had three or four of these actual insights, it appears that my audience may have already heard them a few times before.

I’m not really a native of the digital world. Been there, but people know I’m a tourist. Maybe more like a green card-carrying pseudo citizen. The Commodore 64 was the computer of my digital adolescence. Computer monitors were green as I matured into adulthood. Having a cell phone was a big deal. Now, in soon to be 2009, I know what a blog is, and I sometimes text people, but I’m not hard wired for the on-line social networking culture. I uploaded my 35 year-old self to Facebook recently. Probably the death knell for Facebook. I have a BlackBerry, but that represents a whole different kind of 24/7 wired-in connectivity. People can always contact me, but when they do, it usually just means they want me to do something. All of this is just a long preemptive disclaimer to whatever I manage to post in the future. I’m a bit out of my element in the blogosphere, so bear with me.

Thanks for reading my thoughts. I’m sure you will find every one of them riveting. If not, there’s probably something wrong with you, and maybe you should get help.

No comments: